Monday, October 30, 2017

Racer Bio: Mary Bannister


We are excited to present our newest racer: 
Mary Bannister!



Quick Facts

Name:  Mary Bannister      
Age:  15 
Hometown:  Glenelg, Maryland                                  
Home Track: Mason Dixon Dragway
Team/Crew name:  MEB Motorsports
Crew Members are: Big Tom Bannister (part time crew chief, full time dad) and Tab Bannister (part time slo mo photographer)
All About Racing
  
 
How did you get into Jr Dragster? 
My dad used to race a 71 Nova at 75/80 Dragway.  As I went to national events, I saw the junior dragsters and instantly knew that I wanted to race.

What is your favorite thing about racing?
My favorite part about racing is the adrenaline rush.  As soon as you hit the throttle, it is an unexplainable feeling.

What is your favorite track to race on?
Numidia Dragway, because I love the views of the mountains of Pennsylvania.

What are some of your racing accomplishments? 
  • 2014 Turkey Run winner (rookie season)
  • 2016 Labor Day Weekend winner
  • 6th out of 35 points at Mason Dixon Dragway

What are some wise words for new racers?
"Find your routine. Setting a routine while you're getting ready in your car helps you to focus and stay calmer.  Also, try to talk to other racers about how they hit the tree, drive the finish line, etc.  It really helps you learn other techniques."

Life Off the Track
 
What activities do you enjoy outside of racing?
I love playing softball on a travel team, as well as playing varsity for high school.  Aside from sports, I love working on my dad's cars or riding the ATV.

What are your plans after racing junior?
I would love to race a super comp dragster, although I hope to be racing a 69 or 70 Mustang in the Super Pro class.

What are your dreams for the future?
My dreams for the future are to attend college at the University of Alabama, as well as hopefully racing a top fuel dragster.
#TeamViperizer

Mary is a sponsored driver for Viperizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment