Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Racer Bio: Ryan Bese


VIPERIZER RACER BIO PRESENTS
The Racing Beast... 
Ryan Bese!


Quick Facts

Name:  Ryan Bese   
Age:  12
Hometown:  Keizer, Oregon
Home Track: Woodburn Dragstrip
Team/Crew name: Woodburn Warriors 
Crew Members: Isaac Bese (Dad) and Christine Bese (Mom) 

All About Racing

  
 
How did you get into Jr Dragster? 
My dad raced with Del Worsham when I was younger and then worked on a local Top Alcohol Funny Car team, so I grew up around drag racing. Once I turned 8, I started to make test laps in my junior dragster, with the help of Brian, Mindy, and Dylan Hough.

What is your favorite thing about racing?
Winning, and the friends I have made at Woodburn. We all camp out at night and hang out.

What is your favorite track to race on?
There aren't a lot of tracks near me, but thankfully Woodburn Dragstrip is very close. It's a great facility.

What are some of your racing accomplishments? 
-Named Top Performer in the Jr Drag Racing publication in 2015
-Named Woodburn Dragstrip Rookie of the Year in 2015
-Won the Fall Series Track Championship in 2016
-Won 2 Wally Trophies 
-Been on Team Woodburn for the Summit ET Finals 2 times
 
What are some wise words for new racers?
"Don't be too hard on yourself if you've had a bad day racing, don't ever give up chasing your goals, and most importantly, have fun."




Life Off the Track
What activities do you enjoy outside of racing?
I run Cross Country and Track and Field.
What are your plans after racing junior? 
I still have 4-5 years left in junior, so I'm not sure. I do love Funny Cars though.
What are your dreams for the future?
Win the Summer Series Track Championship at Woodburn, make Team Woodburn again, and to qualify for All City in Track and Field.

#TeamViperizer


Ryan is a sponsored driver for Viperizer!

Want to become a sponsored racer?
Click to message us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment