Monday, April 16, 2018

Racer Bio: Bobby Churchill

VIPERIZER RACER BIO PRESENTS...
Bobby Churchill!


Quick Facts

Name:  Bobby Churchill
Age:  11 
Hometown:  Elwood, Illinois
Home Track:  Route 66 Raceway
Team/Crew Name:  Churchill Motorsports
                        ^Click to follow him on Facebook!
Team/Members: Becky (Mom), Bob (Dad), Bob (Grandpa)





All About Bobby

How long have you been racing?
This year will be my 5th season.

How did you get into Jr Dragster? 
My grandpa raced an Alcohol Funny Car in the 1980s and my dad worked on Luigi Novelli's Top Fuel Dragster.  You can say it's in my blood.

What is your favorite thing about racing?
My favorite thing about racing is being able to drive a car before I am 16 years old, and all of the great friends and families I have met.

What is your favorite track to race on?
My favorite or "lucky" track would be Crossroads Dragway in Terre Haute, IN.  I have won both my Big Daddy trophies at that track.

What is one word that describes you best?
Determined.

What sets you apart from other racers?
My confidence.





What are some of your racing accomplishments? 
2017
-Won my first Big Daddy since moving up to 8.90 Index class
-Finished in top 10 in 8.90 Index class in MJSS

2016
-Got a perfect light at Byron Dragway
-Runner-up at Byron Dragway
-Runner-up in both 10-12 age group and 8.90 Index at National Trail Raceway (MJSS)
-Runner-up at Route 66
-Finished 3rd in points in Junior Modified ages 10-18 at Route 66
-Finished in the top 10 in Age Group and 8.90 Index in MJSS

2015
-Won my first race
-Won the Junior Dragster Challenge and a Wally at Byron Dragway
-Won my first Big Daddy Trophy in the Midwest Junior Super Series
-Won the Route 66 Junior Sportsman Championship
-Placed 6th in points for the year at Byron Dragway
-Placed in the top 10 for both 6-9 year olds and 11.90 Index class in the Midwest Junior Super Series

2014
-Placed 4th in points at Route 66 Raceway (home track)






What are your goals for this season?  
My goal for the 2018 season is to win a Midwest Junior Super Series Championship before I move up next year to the 7.90 class.

What activities do you enjoy outside of racing?
Other activities that I enjoy are fishing, bowling, basketball, boy's volleyball, and scholastic bowl.








No comments:

Post a Comment