Thursday, July 5, 2018

Racer Bio: Grace Clark

VIPERIZER RACER BIO PRESENTS...
Grace Clark!



Quick Facts

Name:  Grace Clark
Age:  10  
Hometown:  Shepherdsville, KY
Home Track:  Ohio Valley and Beech Bend
Team/Crew Name:  Racie Gracie
Team/Members:  Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and Mamaw


All About Grace

How long have you been racing?
Since I was 7, so this would be my 5th year

How did you get into Jr Dragster? 
My Dad, Mom, Grandpa, Uncles, Aunts, and cousins all race.  My mom ran Jr's when she was a kid so how could I not?  

What is your favorite thing about racing?
Spending time with family, making friends and then winning of course

What is your favorite track to race on?
I love my home track Ohio Valley, but Bristol was probably my favorite although I've only been once.

What is one word that describes you best?
Outgoing



What sets you apart from other racers?
I'm a girly girl that likes to get dirty. I love to compete but as soon as I get out of my car I'm right back to playing with my friends, even if they were the one who beat me.

What are some of your racing accomplishments?
2018
-Has 4 semi-finals and is top 5 in points at Ohio Valley Dragway

2017
-A few wins and some runner ups.
-Was able to go rounds at my first Bristol race
-Was in the Quarters of my 11:90
-Went to 3rd round of the 6-9 year old main race

2016
-Got first win and a few runner ups
-Was runner up at the Jr. Dragster Challenge at Beech Bend
-Was runner up at D3 race at Ohio Valley
-Was in semi's at the Door Slammer Nationals at Ohio Valley (which is usually the largest car counts we have in Jr's all year)

2015
-I got a runner up or 2 and a few semis
-Switched tracks in July when I turned 8

2014
-I was 7 and just raced a little at an outlaw track
-I was able to get a couple of semis that year

What are your goals for this season?  
I'd like to get 1st or 2nd in points at OVD. In my first full year of racing points at 1 track last year, I came in 3rd. That was with missing about 3 weekends for other things and races. I also started the year running 11.90 and had to make the transition to 8.90 so that hurt me as the first few weeks I didn't do so well speeding up.

What other activities do you enjoy outside of racing?
I run track, play volleyball, and participate in my school's performing arts club and choir.


3 comments:

  1. Im so glad that you all could interview me and people could know my story

    ReplyDelete
  2. your my best friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this. I think someone from Ohio Valley?!?!?!

      Delete