Thursday, July 26, 2018

Racer Bio: Summer Field

VIPERIZER RACER BIO PRESENTS...
Summer Field!


Quick Facts

Name:  Summer Field
Age:    12
Hometown:  Weiser, ID
Home Track:  Firebird Raceway
Team/Crew Name:  Summer Field Racing
                       ^Click to follow her on Facebook!
Team/Members:  Sarah Field

All About Summer

How long have you been racing?
2 full years, plus a couple of races in 2015

How did you get into Jr Dragster?
My grandpa was a racer and my mom and uncle race, so it was just natural that I would start racing as well.

What is your favorite thing about racing? 
It's the best place to spend the weekends with my family. I also get to go fast, and I am in control of everything for the 1/8 mile.

What is your favorite track to race on?
Firebirds Raceway

What is one word that describes you best?
Enthusiastic




What sets you apart from other racers?
I love racing so much. A lot of people don't know, but I had some medical problems when I was 2.  I only have half of my vision, making the tree even harder for me to see, so having a .002 reaction time is unbelievable.

What are some of your racing accomplishments?
201
2018
- 5 semi finals
- 2 runner-ups
- Currently 3rd in track points
- Division qualifier

2017
-Divisional Competitor
-Runner-up Halloween Classic

2016
-Divisional Competitor
-Winner Halloween Classic

What are your goals for this season?  
I want to win a Wally! A track championship would be cool, but I'm hoping for top 3 as well as a chance to compete for the division championship.

What other activities do you enjoy outside of racing?
I enjoy playing basketball and running cross country. I also like to swim and find a warm beach.






1 comment:

  1. Summer... You are awesome and an inspiration to me. I am proud of you for all of the obstacles and challenges that you have overcome. You truly take after your wonderful mother, Sarah! I am so proud of both of you!

    ReplyDelete