Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Racer Bio: Ava Ward

VIPERIZER RACER BIO PRESENTS...
Ava Ward!



Quick Facts

Name:  Ava Ward
Age:  8 
Hometown:  Anderson, SC
Home Track:  Atlanta Dragway
Team/Crew Name:  MW Racing Team
                                 ^Click to follow her on Facebook!
Team/Members:  Crystal (Mom), Matt (Dad), Wayne (Papa), Carolyn (Meme) 



All About Ava

How long have you been racing?
1 year. 2017 was my Rookie season and we learned a lot. I have a new engine in my car this season and can finally go faster at 11.90!

How did you get into Jr Dragster? 
By watching my Dad race. He has been racing his '69 Camaro for 22 years. My Papa (Wayne Allen) is a drag racer and engine builder as well, making me a 3rd generation racer.




What is your favorite thing about racing?
Winning and spending time with friends and my family at the track.

What is your favorite track to race on?
I have raced at Atlanta Dragway and Greer Dragway so far. Atlanta was my favorite. I am looking forward to racing at new tracks this year! I would like to race at Rockingham Dragway, Carolina Dragway and Silver Dollar Raceway. I would love to go to Bristol and compete in the Eastern Conference Finals.



What is one word that describes you best?
Firecracker!

What sets you apart from other racers?
I am very outgoing and enjoy telling people about my racing. I love meeting new people and I've never met a stranger. To know me is to love me!





What are some of your racing accomplishments? 
-My first season racing, I won the last race of the year by beating the track champion in the finals
-I had my first .000 reaction time
-I placed 5th in points

What are your goals for this season?  
My goal is to win the points championship and to win at least 2 races.

What other activities do you enjoy outside of racing?
I love gymnastics and wakeboarding when I'm not racing.



No comments:

Post a Comment