Thursday, October 4, 2018

Racer Bio: Dylan Smoot

VIPERIZER RACER BIO PRESENTS...
Dylan Smoot!


 Quick Facts

Name:  Dylan Smoot
Age:     11
Hometown:  Anna, TX
Home Track:  Xtreme Raceway Park
Team/Crew Name:  Smoot Motorsports
Team/Members:  Kevin Smoot (Crew Chief, Dad), April Smoot (Mom), Chance Smoot (Brother), Hunter Smoot (Sister)



All About Dylan

How long have you been racing?
3 years

How did you get into Jr Dragster?
My Dad and Grandpa both raced and this is something that I have always wanted to do. I want to carry on the family tradition and someday teach my kids to race.

What is your favorite thing about racing? 
Learning something that I can use the rest of my life and getting to spend time with my family. And I like going fast!!

What is your favorite track to race on? 
Texas Motorplex - It is really cool getting to race on the same track as Top Fuel and Funny Car. I am also excited to be racing Xtreme Raceway Park this season. It is a brand new track.

What is one word that describes you best?
Dedicated

What sets you apart from other racers?
I feel that this is not just a hobby. I look at drag racing as this is my job. I always try to do my best whether I win or lose. I am always working on my car between rounds. My outlook is there is always something that can be done.



What are some of your racing accomplishments?
2018
-Leading the points championship for TOPMA
-Won 3 of 5 races they have had this year
-Won South Central Drag Racing September Car of the Month

2017
-Bracket winner twice at Ardmore Dragway
-Bracket winner at Pine Valley
-Bracket winner at Paris Dragstrip
-Winner of TOPMA at Texas Motorplex
-Runner-up of TOPMA at Texas Motorplex

2016
-Bracket winner twice at Texas Raceway
-Bracket winner twice at Texas Motorplex
-Bracket runner-up twice at Texas Raceway
-Bracket runner-up at Texas Motorplex

-Best Appearing Car of PDRA at Texas Motorplex 

2015
-Winner on Friday and runner-up on Saturday of Throwdown at T-Town

What are your goals for this season?
To win the TOPMA and track championship.

What other activities do you enjoy outside of racing? 
MMA, hunting, fishing, camping



No comments:

Post a Comment