Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Racer Bio: Devin Almarza


Devin Almarza


Quick Facts

Name:  Devin Almarza        
Age:  13 
Hometown:  Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii                                  
Home Track: Kauai Raceway Park - Kauai, Hawaii
Team/Crew name:  Times Are Hard Racing
Crew Members are: Don Almarza (Dad, Crew Chief), Lori Almarza (Mom), Nana & Papa Niau, Shar Rumion (Aunty) and Jason Ubongen (Uncle).
All About Racing
  

How did you get into Jr Dragster? 
My mom took me to the races at the age of 3 and I fell in love with it. I always liked cars, trucks and equipment as toys, so it was just meant to be.

What is your favorite thing about racing?
I love going down the track and feeling the wind go by - the faster, the better.

What is your favorite track to race on?
Kauai Raceway Park.

What are some of your racing accomplishments? 
  • Came in 2nd in points for 2015 and 2016
  • Various 1st and 2nd place wins
  • Won a Wally at 2016 Junior Dragster Challenge
  • Recognized as Racer of the Week on Draglist.com for the week of October 17, 2016

What are some wise words for new racers?
"Be humble and kind to all, practice your light and always remember...you have to win some and lose some."

Life Off the Track
What activities do you enjoy outside of racing?

I like to ride my bike, go fishing and hang out with friends.

What are your plans after racing junior?
I really want to continue racing in possibly a full size dragster or an altered car.

What are your dreams for the future?
Dreaming big:  I'd love to race on the NHRA circuit some day!!
#TeamViperizer

Devin is a sponsored driver for Viperizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment