Monday, October 18, 2021

Featured Racer: Isaac Rowley

 Team Viperizer Racer Bio 

Isaac Rowley

Name: Isaac Rowley                                                        

Birthdate/Age: 04/23/06

Team/Crew Name: Rowley Racing

Team/Crew Member Names: Asher Rowley Crew Chief

Home Track: National Trails Raceway

How long have you been racing? 2 years

When does your season typically start and end? April thru October

How many races do you participate in one calendar year? 30-40

How often do you practice/train? Daily

Why do you race? My mom and dad both worked in racing, my dad ran a GM team and my mom raced a super comp dragster.  Both of my parents worked for a race car parts company once too.  Growing up I had always gone to the race track to watch my grandpa.  I later learned what a junior dragster was and I really wanted one.  I have autism and sometimes it makes it hard for me to understand things, but I don’t get that way with racing.  I understand what is going on in drag racing.  I race because it is something that calms me and I enjoy it.  I am also a very competitive person.

What is your favorite racing memory and why? This past season I went to a Jegs all Jr. race. I think it was the second round and I went up against the best kid at the track. I was very scared and didn’t think I could beat him. I went out and hit a 0.001 light and won the race. I was also the 2019 National Trails Raceway Jr. Dragster Rookie of the Year.

What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to own my own shop where I build and paint cars like my grandpa.

If you were a racing coach, what would you tell your driver? Don’t ever say you can’t because then your mind is set on that-you can do anything you put your mind to.  I would also tell them that their reaction times matters!!  Practice, practice, practice!

If you could have a racing superpower, what would it be? The ability to go to any race I wanted to whether it is watching or racing in it.








No comments:

Post a Comment