Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Racer Bio: Rachel Flowers

VIPERIZER RACER BIO PRESENTS...
Rachel Flowers!


Quick Facts

Name:  Rachel Flowers
Age:  17  
Hometown:  Loganville, GA
Home Track:  Atlanta Dragway
Team/Crew Name:  Wild Child Racing
                                 ^Click to follow her on Facebook!
Team/Members:  Mom & Dad



All About Rachel

How long have you been racing?
This will be my 6th & final year racing juniors.

How did you get into Jr Dragster? 
I got into Junior Drag Racing by watching a friend race.

What is your favorite thing about racing?
My favorite thing about racing is my race family and win lights!

What is your favorite track to race on?
My favorite track to race on is Thunder Valley in Bristol, TN.

What is one word that describes you best?
The word that best describes me is outgoing.



What sets you apart from other racers?
What sets me apart from other racers is the ability to take the good with the bad.

What are some of your racing accomplishments?
2013 (rookie season)
-Won 6 races
-Was runner-up in 3 races
-Made it down to 9 cars and took home best package for her car at the Eastern Conference Finals

2014
-Was invited to participate with three other juniors in the z max 4 wide Junior Dragster Challenge and won
-Was invited to race three pro drivers (Leah Pritchett, JR Todd, and Blake Alexander) in junior cars and won against them as well

2015 (motor issues)
-Displayed car at Southern Nationals, did the track walk with the pros, and signed autographs
-Displayed and made exhibition runs at NMRA, NMCA, Gear Jam, and the Atlanta 10,000
-Displayed car at the Toys for Tots car show in Chamblee, GA 
-Participated in the 4th of July parade in her hometown


2016
-Top 5 at Atlanta Dragway
-Won a Wally race at Atlanta Dragway
-Received runner-up at Silver Dollar Raceway
-Competed at the Eastern Conference Finals

2017
-King/Queen Showdown champion at Silver Dollar Raceway

This is Rachel's last year in juniors.  She will move up to super pro in her 2008 Mullis dragster in the 2019 season.

What are your goals for this season?  
My goal for this season is to become a better racer and win another Wally!

What other activities do you enjoy outside of racing?
Some of my other activities include roller skating, swimming, youth group activities at my church, playing with my miniature horses, hanging out with friends & family, taking my jr dragster to car shows & events & irritating my parents (lol)

1 comment:

  1. You are a truly beautiful and amazing young lady. Go get them this year!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete